West Bond 7476E Wedge-Wedge Wire Bonder
The Westbond 7476E wire bonder is a two-way convertible wedge to wedge ultrasonic bonder designed to interconnect wire leads to semi-conductor, hybrid or microwave devices. The machine bonds aluminum or gold wires ranging from 0.0007 in. to 0.002 in. Bonds are made by the wedge-wedge technique using ultrasonic energy to attach aluminum wire at room temperature and adding work piece heat for gold wire. Wire is clamped and threaded diagonally under the bonding wedge, allowing independent feeding action but requiring front-to-back bonding direction. The bonding tool is guided manually by the operator using hand/eye reference to bond targets and elevations. The wire bonder features programmable dual force (high or low), pure vertical Z, pneumatic braking of all axes during bonding, and radiant tool heat.
Standard bonding method of Model 7400E is 45° wire feed, clamps behind the tool, traditional wedge-wedge.
Protection against Electrostatic Discharge is implemented by finishing exposed tool assemblies and other moving parts by Electro less Nickel plating, which is conductive; and all exposed painted parts with a powder-coated paint that is dissipative.
More specifics can be found at http://www.westbond.com/7476E.htm.
In order to become a qualified user of the West Bond Wire Bonder, you need to follow each of these steps in the order as listed here:
- Complete the process to become a lab member of SNSF and follow the instructions to activate a Badger account.
- Complete Axess STARS EHS-2470-WEB: COVID-19 Hygiene Best Practices.
- Complete the Wirebonder User Intake Form.
- Record your name and email down on the Wire Bonder Training Calendar (sent to you by email after completing the New User Intake Form).
- Staff will reach out to schedule a one-on-one in-person training session.
It is strongly recommended that you read through the Standard Operating Procedures (see the Resources section below) prior to the training.